Privacy and Security - General
Rezilient Direct Corporation knows that your privacy is important. To assist you in the process of applying for a supplemental insurance policy, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about you and your family. We only use your personal information to help you find and, if you choose to do so, apply for supplemental insurance products that may be of interest to you and your family. We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone. Additionally, we use, and only contract with insurance carriers or service providers, who use industry-leading technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us.
Throughout this policy, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number as “personal information.” Further, personal information includes any information involving your health or medical history.
- We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
If you submit an application for a supplemental insurance product offered by us, then we will disclose your personal information to the insurance carrier for that product to process your application. Please be assured that these partners are only allowed to use your personal information to process your application and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us process or service your insurance application or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your application to a service provider to obtain your esignature and store the application after it has been executed. Please be assured that the companies we hire to process or service your insurance application or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to protect your safety or the safety of others or to resolve consumer
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with third parties.
- We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to process your supplemental insurance application and to serve you better.
Obtaining a Quick Quote
We begin collecting personal information from you when you input your email address to obtain a Quick Quote or when you contact our representatives through the live chat feature on our website or through our call center.
Applying for Supplemental Insurance
If you apply for a supplemental insurance product through our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member who will be included on your application. This information will be used by the insurance carrier for your chosen product to process your application. Additionally, we may ask you to provide us with credit card or bank information, which will be used by the insurance carrier for your chosen product to process your application or collect any fees associated with your application or insurance premiums upon approval of your application.
Processing your application.
We, or the insurance carrier for your chosen product, may use your personal information to get in touch with you when necessary to process your application. For example, emails may be sent or you may be contacted by phone throughout the application process to inform you of the status of your application and to seek additional information that is requested as part of the application.
Customer satisfaction, referrals and other products
We may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service, refer our products and services to other people, and/or to remind or inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures below.
this anonymous information with third parties.
- We gather anonymous information about you for our internal purposes, and we may share
- Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to our website from a particular state or association.
- We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services we offer you.
- We may use “Cookies”, “Clear Gifs”, “Internet Protocol” addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information. For a more detailed discussion on cookies and clear gifs, please see below.
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For a more detailed discussion of the electronic safeguards on our website, please see below.
- We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect your personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- If you want to correct or update your contact information, you may sign in to the website using your email address and password and change the information on an uncompleted application.
- Once your application has been submitted to the insurance carrier for your chosen product, you may have to contact the insurance company directly to update your application. Forms to change your name, address, beneficiary, policy ownership and funds authorization information can be found in the Manage Your Policy section on our website.
- We will provide notice of changes in our information privacy practices.
- If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes to our information privacy practices that do not affect the personal information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice in the privacy and security portion of our website notifying users of the change.
- You may opt out of receiving satisfaction surveys and/or information on additional products and services from us.
- We may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service and/or to remind or inform you of additional products and services. If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices you may send a written request to Rezilient Direct Corporation, 12400 Highway 71 West, Suite 350-246, Austin, Texas 78738.
- Please note that you will still receive communications from us, or the insurance carrier for your chosen product, regarding your insurance quote, application or policy even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
- If you have any questions, please go to the Contact Us section of our website.
Other Information About Privacy and Security at Rezilient Direct Corporation
“Cookies” and “Clear Gifs”
“Clear gifs” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. We do not collect any personal information from clear gifs. Further, no information we collect from clear gifs can be linked back to your personal information.
Any time you enter or provide personal information in our website, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) Technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the internet. To support his technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. Rezilient Direct Corporation recommends using a strong encryption, 128-bit browser, such as Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Netscape Navigator 6.2 or higher. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you get a Quick Quote and begin completing an application or when you return to our website to complete an application.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area by the looking at the padlock symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. If it is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server.
Log In with Your Password
The password you receive when you leave the application process or that you select when you choose to save your application is your private entry key into your application. You should never share it with anyone.
If you forget your password, we can send your password through email (provided you gave us your correct email address) or we can help you retrieve your password through the live chat feature on our website or through our call center.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note when you click on one of these links you may be leaving this site and going to another website. Rezilient Direct Corporation is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of such websites. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ from ours.